Manfred Sauer was born in 1944 and has had tetraplegia since 1963 after a diving accident here in the UK. He underwent his rehabilitation at Stoke Mandeville Spinal Unit in the days of its founder Sir Ludwig Guttmann. Following his accident, he noticed a real gap in continence management and a lack of options available. As a result, in 1965, he began to develop and market condom urinals or urinary sheaths.
In 1976 he launched Manfred Sauer GmbH, now a firmly established business enjoying a large share in the rehabilitation marketplace for continence systems in Europe and an ever-growing market share in mainstream continence management in the UK.
More recently Manfred has realised his dream in the shape of a charitable Foundation. This was developed to help people and their families, with both physical and psychological rehabilitation following traumatic accident or illness, such as spinal cord injury.
Manfred Sauer UK
Thanks to the insight of Manfred Sauer back in the 1960s Manfred Sauer UK are now well-known in the continence market and seek to offer users high quality innovative products often designed by end users and Healthcare Professionals. Manfred Sauer UK are based in Northampton and are the UK Distributor for the ever-expanding Manfred Sauer product portfolio offering users a diverse and extensive choice.
Our products are manufactured at our factory in Germany. They undergo rigorous testing before they are released into the market as we believe it is vital to get things right from the start.
- More choices in urinary sheath sizes than any other manufacturer.
- Leg bags with unique features and benefits which make a difference.
- Nephsys – A specially designed Nephrostomy system that can be worn around the waist.
And so much more …
Manfred Sauer Care
Manfred Sauer Care is our Home Delivery and Nursing Service division. We not only offer you and your loved ones a FREE home delivery service, but one that puts your needs and requirements first. We take the time to ensure every order is managed with sensitivity, care and understanding.
- Our free home delivery service provides a personal service and professional care.
- A friendly and knowledgeable team that takes time to listen and understand.
- Swift and efficient delivery to your chosen address, on a day that suits you.
- We supply all manufacturers products, holding a comprehensive range to enable us to fulfil all prescriptions promptly.
- A nursing service is available.
- Personalised product customisation.
- We accept prescriptions by EPS (electronic prescription service). Your authorisation will be required for EPS nominations and this will allow Manfred Sauer Care to download your device prescriptions from the NHS system. We also accept postal prescriptions and Freepost envelopes are available for your convenience.
- Our popular Standing Order Service is available, taking the headache out of remembering to place your regular order.
We can dispense any brand of Continence, Stoma, Wound Care products which are available on NHS prescription, direct to your door.